SPG provides world class physical training and support enabling athletes to reach their performance potential.
- Is your performance limited by physical imbalances and weaknesses?
- Do you struggle with re-occurring injuries?
- Do you struggle to optimize your physical performance despite training hard?
- Are you often over fatigued and burned out?
- Do you know how to use nutrition and hydration to optimize your performance?
SPG physical performance assessment and training is the answer to these and many other performance limitations.
Why SPG Physical Training?
- Expertise – Claire Bowes, Director of Physical Performance, has an exemplary record over 14 years in developing junior performance consulting with top 10 world ranked athletes, national champions, and state champions. Many of the junior athletes Claire has worked with have gone on to Division I college programs and professional sport. Claire is a graduate of the prestigious Exercise Science program at University of Birmingham, (UK), certified strength & conditioning specialist (CSCS) and was a highly competitive swimmer and triathlete, giving her a personal insight into the demands of high level performance and training.
- Assessment: SPG physical training starts in the right place. We complete sport specific and functional movement assessments prior to the design and development of an athlete’s individual training program. This ensures that training is tailored to specifically develop the physical parameters to both reduce the incidence of injury and optimize performance.
- Science: SPG applies the leading scientific principles to juniors. All SPG’s work is underpinned and driven by the leading sports science research and latest practice regarding long term athlete development. We teach the right things, the right way, at the right time.
- Training: SPG’s training is based on functional movement, in that it employs an integrated approach involving multiple body parts and multiple planes of movement, in movements that are relative to the movements in the sport. The body does not move its muscles in isolation; rather it works as a unit, a kinetic chain, with each link being an interrelated and interdependent part of the whole movement. Functional training emphasizes the training of the kinetic chain, and as such the physical gains achieved transfer well to performance and ensure maximum performance enhancement.
- Holistic Approach: SPG takes a holistic approach in promoting optimal physical performance, and incorporate aspects such as effective recovery techniques, nutrition/hydration strategies and physical monitoring into our programs.
- Competitive edge: SPG clients consistently report real differences in performance and gaining a competitive edge over their opponents. Our testimonials and client achievements highlight the advantages of our training.
SPG physical services include:
- Physiological sport specific assessments
- Functional Movement Screens
- Athlete training and support programs
- Team training and support programs
- Competition/tournament support
Assessments and physical training are delivered at our private gym in McLean, VA and on site at various sporting locations.